Monday, April 07, 2008

A Jaunt to the Zoo

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here. So, Bob and I decided to take the girls to the Cleveland Zoo. Miss Katy, Mike's girlfriend, was so sweet and got us a family membership for x-mas. We decided to try to hit it when it opened so that we could get some time in before Anna's nap.

Boy, did we hit it perfectly. The morning hours make way for almost all of the animals being out and feeding. We got to see a lot of animals before we decided to head to the Rainforest for lunch. The Cleveland Zoo has 164 outdoor acres and 2 indoor acres - the Rainforest. It is a REALLY nice zoo. Bob and I were very impressed with it and happy to have a membership. The girls seemed to like it as well. I took a lot of pictures, more than I normally do. After lunch, we tried to find the gorilla's, but Anna became a little on the cranky side, so we decided to head home. Both girls must have had fun because they fell asleep on the way home. Yesterday was a great day!!


Bob & Anna gazing at the animals


Celie relaxing in the stroller.


One of the 3 elephants outside. They are working on a new home/site for them.

Pretty Flamingos - not to be confused with the Killer Flamingos - a good local MI band.

Boy, do I know how to capture animals interacting or what? I am glad that I didn't have to explain to the girls what was REALLY going on.


The sloth bear. This was Bob's favorite animal. Why? I have no idea.


Mr. Polar Bear enjoying a stick. 2 camels hanging out.

A Lick Deer. Bob and I thought they looked like a cross between a donkey and a deer.
One of 7 seals in their environment.

No comments: