Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Job Hunting - update

Both Bob and I are still looking for jobs.

Kelly Update:
I did have an interview with a company in the Cleveland area, but that was over 3 weeks ago and I have not heard anything back from them. I did get brave (I believe, on my part) and called to see where they were in their process. I did not receive a call back. So, I am taking that one off my list. I have applied to several other jobs, but haven't heard anything back from anyone. I also met with a recruiter that only places people in a direct hire situation. She doesn't have anything for me currently, but you never know what might come up.

In the mean time, I do have a part time job. I am working as an admin assistant for a law office and funeral home. It is very interesting, really. I work about 20 hours a week. I answer phones, help with reports, filing, faxing, etc. Normal office stuff. So far it has been great. I am earning a little extra cash and I am helping my friend's husband. So, it is a win win situation. They are also very flexible in knowing that I am really looking for a permanent gig and if that happens, then I will not be working anymore for them.

Bob Update:
He continues to pursue the possibility of going back to school to become a nurse. He has applied to KSU, but is also looking at some other schools as well. It all depends on the time line for the various programs. He has looked and applied for other jobs in the area, but nothing has hit. He did receive a 2nd phone interview with Abbott Labs - I am not sure if I posted that or not. That was a couple of weeks ago. They just got in touch with him yesterday and want him to come out for an onsite interview some time this month. So, we are trying to work on some dates so that we ALL may go out there and be able to see the area and some family as well. We will see how it goes. We are not convinced that it is the correct move for us, but we are trying to keep an open mind about everything. We are also trying to keep all of our balls moving forward.

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: